A On line casino in Enid, Alright???.If an Indian tribe, worked through every one of the bureaucratic process while using Bureau of Indian Affairs and could build an online casino in downtown Enid, would you be for or against it? If you live in Enid and occasionally visit other casinos across the state, you most likely run into others you know from Enid, partaking in the recreation provided by the casinos. These are the same somebody that has left our town and therefore are spending their recreation dollars elsewhere. They are shopping in the stores, eating at the restaurants, and staying with the hotels inside area.
A brief history:
The ability to run bingo games was among the many concessions designed to tribes in Oklahoma. Then some very ingenious person developed a bingo game that seemed like a slot machine game. We have got all seen the little digital bingo card at the top corner with the display screen of the slot machine game. From that invention forward, Oklahoma casinos begun to spring up everywhere. After all, you had been still playing bingo, just in a very new and technical way. Later, a gaming compact relating to the tribes and also the State of Oklahoma allowed using Vegas style slot machines, poker, and blackjack. Thus, bigger and better casinos were built and therefore are still being built throughout Oklahoma.
A casino could only be built within historic tribal boundaries then placed in a trust with all the U.S. government. Since Enid doesn't have any casino, could be that the reason? Then upon researching Garfield County, Oklahoma via Wikipedia, it had been found, that ahead of the Land Run of 1893, Garfield County was named O County and was part from the Cherokee Outlet, occupied through the Cherokee people following the Treaty of New Echota along with the Cherokee trail of tears. Historically, the area was a hunting ground with the Wichita, Osage, and Kiowa tribes. Does that qualify us to be within historic tribal boundaries?
Positive elements of a casino in Enid:
1. The revenues generated from casinos are taken up operate tribal governments and programs because of its citizens. In addition, a portion of the click here revenue is split while using State of Oklahoma.
2. Tribes make use of the revenues to improve infrastructure.
3. Related attractions are built.
4. Jobs are manufactured.
5. The added income and influx of tourists increase retail trade.
6. Promotes tribal economic development.
7. The casinos donate to local charities.
8. A survey of casino patrons discovered that over 80 percent with the visitors to casinos were enthusiastic about also doing something besides gambling. So the casino becomes an anchor for other tourism attractions including family water parks.
9. The casinos create new lines of cooperative economic development between American Indians and non-Indian people.
10. Casinos supply a magnet for outside money that did not previously exist.
11. Local resident who accustomed to travel outside in the area now stays within the location.
12. More construction jobs are manufactured building casinos.
13. Gambling is surely an accepted method for governments to boost funds. It is seen as a source of money that's easier to obtain since it is not a tax on individuals.
14. In several communities the following businesses showed an surge in profits, attendance, and customers after an internet casino came to their area:
a. Retail stores
c. Local arts and crafts shows
d. Hunting and fishing activities
e. Horse trail rides
f. Festivals and events had higher attendance
g. Movie theaters
h. Historical sites were visited more frequently
i. Scenic drives
j. Walking trails
k. Water parks
l. Biking trails
m. Roller skating
n. Fitness centers
Negative elements of a casino in Enid
1. Tourism dollars hinge on what well the casino pays out. Winners may spend freely, but losers may return purchases and cut their hotel stays short.
2. For some gambling becomes a dependancy.
3. Gambling kills time, and subtracts from time used on useful endeavors.
4. Locally-owned businesses go bankrupt because consumers have changed their expenditures to casinos.
5. Wealthy Indian gaming tribes pour huge amounts of money into political campaigns at both state and federal levels. (Source: Special Investigation by Donald L. Barlett and James B,. Steele, Time Magazine, December 2002.)
6. Wealthy Indian gaming tribes may also be influencing gambling along with other policies affecting Native Americans by handing quite a bit to influential lobbying firms. (Source: Special Investigation by Donald L. Barlett and James B, Steele, Time Magazine, December 2002.)
7. In towns with casino's, there is surely an increase inside the following:
e. Domestic violence
f. Drug and alcohol addiction
What is Gambling Addiction?
Gambling addiction is called an action addiction. When gambling, the hormones, adrenaline and endorphins, are self-produced. As the person gambles often, it contributes to tolerance to the adrenaline and endorphins, so it takes more gambling far better stakes, to find the equal high. Recent studies show that slot machine gambling illuminates the human brain the same manner cocaine does. (Source: Stop the Casino 101 Coalition)
If an internet casino were to petition arrive at downtown Enid, what might be your opinion? Do you think it might enhance our community or bring social problems we may not want to manage?